Los Gatos and Chico Offices
Do you get excited about tackling programming challenges of efficiency and scalability? Do you want your ideas and coding from one week to touch millions of consumers by the following week? Then we’re looking for you!
Wanderful Media™, owner of findnsave.com and backed by the 12 largest media companies in the U.S., is looking for a Software Engineer to join our team.
Having launched findnsave.com last year, we now need to take the platform to the next level and bring the fun back to shopping across the web, social, mobile and tablets for 50MM consumers.
As a Software Engineer you must thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. As a key member of our technology team, you will help shape, in conjunction with our product team, an innovative, scalable and efficient product with thousands of moving parts while working with talented teammates to bring the complex features and functions of findnsave.com together into a discovery shopping platform that creates an enjoyable, social experience for consumers.
We’re a small company, full of passion and curiosity, with a strong entrepreneurial culture and as such you will have a wide-range of responsibilities, a vast array of projects to choose from and work in an agile development environment.
We are growing and evolving every day. We strive for our fun environment to fuel people’s creativity, inspire curiosity and drive a passion to build findnsave.com into the audience leader for the digital shopping experience.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Participate in design and product discussions, taking ideas from concepts through production to launch
- Actively think of creative solutions to complex engineering problems and propose improvements to existing features
- Assist in developing cross-platform solutions to reach our target consumer audience
- Build and maintain applications and high traffic web sites
- Run quality control methodologies (testing process, monitoring) and apply best practices
- Balance creativity with consistency, while factoring in development efficiency and site performance
- Be passionate about your technical recommendations, and be ready to communicate them effectively
- Be involved in the full software development life process from architecture, design, development, release and maintenance
- Know Python and Django very well, or the ability to learn them very quickly
- Understanding and experience with building scalable and high-performance web application in a cloud C2)
- Significant development experience with SQL(PostgreSQL or MySQL) and NoSQL(Redis, MongoDB or Cassandra)
- You should strive to write efficient and maintainable code
- You’re and active learner. You’re passionate about improving yourself and the team around you
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate findings and development decisions
- BS in Computer Science or ample evidence of skills
- Experience developing consumer and social web applications is a bonus
- Generous compensation and benefits programs
- Incentive eligible